Two lovers by the Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin
Five-star luxury hotel in downtown Dublin.....The Shelbourne Hotel was started in 1824 by Tipperaryman Martin Burke , when he bought three adjoining town houses on Dublin's St Stephen's Green. Burke named the fancy new hotel The Shelbourne, after William Petty, 2nd Earl of Shelbourne.....In the early 20th century, Alois Hitler, Jr - the half brother of Adolf Hitler worked in the hotel while in Dublin. In the 1960s, Sybil Leek and Hans Holzer claimed to have discoved a ghost in room 526.....John McCurdy designed the hotel and the studio of M. M. Barbezet of Paris cast the four external statues, two Nubian Princesses and their shackled slave girls...Add to Cart Add to Lightbox Download
- 2008 Dave Walsh.
- Image Size
- 4368x2912 / 8.0MB
dublin ireland irish hotel guest accomodation holiday vacation famous landmark stephens green st. stephen's green centre central shopping weekend tourism tourist travel marriot international refurbished historic historical stay place lover lovers boyfriend girlfriend hug brass plaque blue jeans europe european
- Contained in galleries