Info

Knights Hospitaller Fortified Church, Templetown, Wexford

Knights Hospitaller Fortified Church, Templetown, near Fethard-on-Sea, The Hook Peninsula, Wexford. The land here first was given to the monastic soldiers of the Knights Templar by Henry II, but when they were suppressed in 1307, the land was given to the Knights Hospitaller - who arrived with the Norman Strongbow, and later built this small place of worship.

Add to Cart Add to Lightbox Download
Filename
_MG_1641-templetown_church_wexford_20110603.jpg
Copyright
2011 Dave Walsh
Image Size
3622x5432 / 13.2MB
Contained in galleries
Wexford, Knights Hospitaller Fortified Church, Templetown
Knights Hospitaller Fortified Church, Templetown, near Fethard-on-Sea, The Hook Peninsula, Wexford. The land here first was given to the monastic soldiers of the Knights Templar by Henry II, but when they were suppressed in 1307, the land was given to the Knights Hospitaller -  who arrived with the Norman Strongbow, and later built this small place of worship.