Info

Captain Bligh Museum, Bruny Island

The museum is located at the southern end of Adventure Bay, on the main road close to the Captain Cook Creek. The museum has a comprehensive selection of artefacts and documents relating to Pacific exploration. Also in the museum are a selection of articles and maps etc related to other explorers including Captain Cook. On the left hand side of the page is an image of a very famous artifact: a tree trunk on which was carved "Cook 1777".

Add to Cart Add to Lightbox Download
Filename
_MG_9269_bligh_museum.jpg
Copyright
2008 Dave Walsh.
Image Size
2948x2336 / 5.1MB
Contained in galleries
Tasmania Stock
The museum is located at the southern end of Adventure Bay, on the main road close to the Captain Cook Creek.  The museum has a comprehensive selection of artefacts and documents relating to Pacific exploration.  Also in the museum are a selection of articles and maps etc related to other explorers including Captain Cook.   On the left hand side of the page is an image of a very famous artifact: a tree trunk on which was carved "Cook 1777".