?RICHMOND ARMS? - FORMERLY?COMMERCIAL HOTEL? (1888) - This hotel was built to replace the earlier ?Lennox Arms? which was built in 1827 and stood slightly to the right of the present..hotel. The name was changed to the ?Richmond Arms? in 1972. The old stable in the car park is all that remains of the original inn.....Richmond, Tasmania - the original capital of Tasmania. ..