Back to Stock Photographs
Search gallery:

Knights Hospitaller Fortified Church, Templetown (13 images)

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
View: 25 | All
Knights Hospitaller Fortified Church, Templetown, near Fethard-on-Sea, The Hook Peninsula, Wexford. The land here first was given to the monastic soldiers of the Knights Templar by Henry II, but when they were suppressed in 1307, the land was given to the Knights Hospitaller - who arrived with the Norman Strongbow, and later built this small place of worship.
View: 25 | All